FIDE have announced the dates and venues for the Women's 2013-14 Grand Prix, the winner of which will qualify to challenge the incumbent women's world champion in 2015.
The schedules for previous Women's Grand Prix series have been relatively reliable compared to the changes wrought on the main Grand Prix series.
Top rated women's player Judit Polgar is included on the qualifiers list by virtue of her rating, but since she doesn't participate in women-only events her place is likely to be taken by the first reserve Kateryna Lagno.
PRESS RELEASE - 22 March 2013
FIDE announces the Women's Grand-Prix 2013-2014 which will give qualification to the Women's World Championship match 2015. The schedule of the six events is the following:
|2-16 May 2013
|15-29 June 2013
|17 September - 1 October 2013
|2-16 May 2014
|18 June - 2 July 2014
|24 August - 7 September 2014
In total 18 players will participate, 10 qualifiers as per regulations (listed below) plus 6 nominees from the organisers of each tournament (to be announced) plus 2 nominees of the FIDE President (to be announced).
The 10 original qualifiers who have to confirm their participation by 26 March are:
01. Ushenina, Anna (World Champion 2012)
02. Stefanova, Antoaneta (finalist world championship 2012)
03. Ju, Wenjun (semi-finalist world championship 2012)
04. Harika, Dronavalli (semi-finalist world championship 2012)
05. Polgar, Judit (by rating 2703.78, average 9 lists Mar 2012 to Jan 2013)
06. Hou, Yifan (by rating 2610.78, average 9 lists Mar 2012 to Jan 2013)
07. Koneru, Humpy (by rating 2598.44, average 9 lists Mar 2012 to Jan 2013)
08. Muzychuk, Anna (by rating 2593.33, average 9 lists Mar 2012 to Jan 2013)
09. Zhao, Xue (by rating 2555.00, average 9 lists Mar 2012 to Jan 2013)
10. Dzagnidze, Nana (by rating 2551.89, average 9 lists Mar 2012 to Jan 2013)
The first reserve for any replacement needed is Lagno, Kateryna (by rating 2546.33, average 9 lists Mar 2012 to Jan 2013).
The full regulations of the Women's Grand-Prix 2013-2014 are published here: